The World Trade Institute (WTI) of the University Bern will organize a workshop on “Modelling non-tariff measures in structural general equilibrium – Theory and applications”. The workshop is part of the H2020 BatModel project (www.batmodel.eu) and will take place in Bern on January 19-20, 2023.
We invite all scholars working on the topic of NTMs and welcome applied and theoretical submissions linked to estimation and modelling of NTMs.
The deadlines are:
• Abstract/paper: 21 November 2022.
• Notification of acceptance: 28 November 2022.
• Full paper: 31 December 2022.
The workshop’s keynote presentation on "Unrestrictive ROO: who do they benefit?” will be given by Marcelo Olarreaga (University of Geneva, joint with Dzmitry Kniahin).
Moreover, a roundtable featuring:
- Marion Jansen (Director - Trade and Agriculture Directorate, OECD)
- Ralf Peters (Chief - Trade Information Section, UNCTAD)
- Marcelo Olarreaga (University of Geneva)
- Joseph Francois (WTI, University of Bern)
and moderated by Anne-Célia Disdier (Paris School of Economics) will discuss the "Assessment of NTM Policy Effects: Challenges Ahead”.
Please send all submissions and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.